We all go through moments and seasons in life that cause us to question or doubt God. The interesting thing though is that once we get through those seasons and look back, it was those very moments or seasons that actually caused our faith to grow. This Sunday we will be talking about how God uses difficulties in our lives to grow our faith.
Small Group Questions
- Give a brief example of an event or set of circumstances in your life that led to feelings of helplessness or being out of control.
- As you think back on this incident, what role did God play in your thoughts? Did you pray? Did you pray differently? Were you angry?
- Would you say this event strengthened or weakened your confidence in God? Why?
- Read James 1:2-4. James says that trials test our faith or confidence in God. How is a trial a test of our faith?
- James says the goal of these tests is “perseverance.” The implication is that trials can create persevering faith in God. But why trials? Can you think of other ways God could create persevering faith in us?
Download Small Group Questions here.