Around this time each December we all approach a new year with many new resolutions. But what if there’s a deeper question we often fail to ask ourselves first? Join us this Sunday as we walk through a checkup on where each of our hearts are with God as we begin 2019, through the story of Nicodemus from the book of John.
Small Group Questions
- What are some of your resolutions for 2019?
- John says the reason he wrote his Gospel is so, “that you may believe that Jesus is the Messiah, the Son of God, and that by believing you may have life in his name.” What does it mean that Jesus is Messiah? What kind of life do we have from believing in Jesus?
- Who do you say Jesus is? How would you describe Him to someone who has never heard of Him? What does He mean to you?
- Where do you find yourself in the story of Nicodemus? (Safe, Shrewd, Sure or Sold-out; to recap the stories see John 3:1-2, 7:50-52 & 19:38-42) Why do you resonate with that part of Nicodemus’ story?
- After exploring the questions of this heart-check from the sermon, what is one step you want to take to invest in your relationship with God in 2019?
Download Small Group Questions here.