A Place for Everyone to Find Your God-Given Purpose
Serving is a great way to get to know others at Brooklife, use your gifts, and play a vital role in Brooklife’s dream. Serving at Brooklife is as easy as 1, 2, 3! Just follow the steps below to get plugged in.
STEP 1 - How do I start?
While we encourage everyone to find a place to serve, it’s helpful to understand what unique gifts and talents God has given you. We want you to flourish and love serving! The Spiritual Gifts Assessment will help you discover your specific spiritual gifts and strengths.
Step 2 - Where can I use my spiritual gifts and talents?
Below is an overview of our many serving opportunities at Brooklife. In light of your gifts and talents, consider what area(s) interest you.
Sunday Mornings (1-2 times a month)
- Café Team – Prepare coffee and maintain coffee, condiments and treat stations
- Connections Team – Welcome, greet, inform, usher and serve
- Parking Lot Team – Welcome and direct guests
- Worship Team – Sing or play during worship (audition required)
- Tech Team – Run audio, video, cameras or lights (training available)
- Kidlife – Check in, teach, assist, sing, snuggle or read
Kids and Students (2-4 times a month)
- KIDLIFE 0 years-5th grade; Sunday mornings
- 45 DEGREES 4th-5th grade; Wednesday nights
- STUDENTLIFE Sunday nights
Behind The Scenes
- Office Support – Cut, fold, stuff, count
- IT Support – Advise and assist with network and computer help
- Decorating Team – Decorate the building seasonally
- Graphic Design – Logos, special event graphics, website and social media images
- Baking Team – Bake treats for Sunday mornings or special events
- Photography/Videography – Take photos and videos on Sundays or at special events
- Wedding Team – Assist bridal party during rehearsal and ceremony
Support and Care
- Prayer Team – Pray with others for our church, church family and community. First Monday of the Month at 6:30-7:30pm
- Group Leaders – Invest in the spiritual growth of others. Training required
- Hospital Visits – Visit church family while in the hospital
- Cancer Care Ministers – Trained ministers who walk through those dealing with cancer
- Meal Care – Make meals for people experiencing overwhelming times
- Everyday Care – Transportation, childcare, home cleaning or repair, yard work, paperwork, personal care or respite
Step 3 - I'm ready...Set me up!
Now that you have a better idea in which area(s) you want to serve, it’s time to connect with our Next Steps team! Fill out the Volunteer Interest Form. We’ll contact you to tell you more and help you find the best fit. We can’t wait to help you find your place!